Beer news and Craft beer news from around the world brought to you by the Beer Friday Club
Today’s News Update is all about the American Craft Beer Revolution
We have been writing about american beer for the past month and from our brief experience with beer news we are amazed at how far ahead the American Craft Breweries are when it comes to the craft beer revolution and craft beer marketing and basic on line beer know how. It just seems like craft breweries have tapped into social media and the internet in a big way and are using it as a powerful form of communicating the beer lifestyle on a grand scale.
We at Friday Beer Club are throwing down the (Gauntlet) Beer Glass and saying hey look out for us, we intend bringing you the latest updates on beers news from across the world. We love beer and simply love sharing the crazy beer lifestyle with you.
Our beer club is growing, as are the visitors to our web site. Information will soon include, beer making kits, beer making supplies and instead of a beer of the month, we will soon feature a beer friday club review, of the beers we find fitting of review, obviously as the name would suggest on Fridays. Hoping to deliver a “beer information service” bigger than the beer of the month club. It will not do justice to ocean of beer out there, but should at least get some attention.
We are aiming to dominate these beer keywords: craft beer, craft breweries, beer travel, home beer brewing, how to make beer but will see how it goes. But we are not too fussy though and will also feature some main line big beer company beers, like heineken beer, hansa (SABMILLER) German beer steins, budweiser brewery tours, and yuengling beer.
Here is a list of all the top beer stories catching our attention
1 The National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) and the Brewers Association (BA) are accepting nominations for the Seventh Annual Craft Beer Distributor of the Year Award until August 23, 2013. The award recognizes an American beer distributor who goes above and beyond in their efforts to actively market, sell and promote craft beer. The award will be presented jointly October 12, 2013, at the Great American Beer Festival® hosted by the BA in Denver, Colorado.
2. DENVER – It’s proof that the craft-brewery interest is still peaked in the United States – general-admission tickets to Great American Beer Fest sold out in only 20 minutes Wednesday morning.The GABF brings visitors from around the world to sample more than 2,800 different beers. Over 100 beer judges from the United States and abroad evaluate beer in the associated competition, ultimately judging thousands of beers entered by hundreds of domestic breweries. Gold, silver and bronze medals in various beer-style categories are awarded, though not every medal is necessarily awarded in each category.
3. Outside mag: Deschutes Brewery among ‘Best Places to Work’ Deschutes Brewery was named Thursday to Outside Magazine’s sixth annual “Best Places to Work” list. The brewery, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, was included in the list of the 100 best companies to work for in the nation.
4. I love this show, check this cool new article ( I love this awesome website, the www.dailymeal.com) Brewers Ted Rice, Jeff Jinnett, and John Gozigian are huge fans of the TV show Breaking Bad. After all, the AMC series is filmed in Albuquerque, N.M., where the trio has run Marble Brewery since 2008. Several Marble beers have made cameos on the show, and cast members have found themselves relaxing after a shoot in the Marble tap rooms.Next week, on August 8, the brewery will release two commemorative beers in honor of the fifth and final season ofBreaking Bad, the second half of which premieres on August 11.
5. Canadian railways in international news, but here is good story about beer. ST. THOMAS, ON – Railway City Brewing has announced the winners of Platform 13, the brewery’s 2nd annual homebrewing competition.
6. Cool article written about : The Golden, Colorado brewery, started by Adolph Coors in 1873, is the largest single brewery in the world. The tours are self guided and start from the bus stop at visitor parking lot on the corner of 13th & Ford Street. Weekends may be very busy with waits of over an hour. The tour doesn’t cover very much of the brewery but there are generous free samples at the end.
7.Lovers of hoppy beer will note that Thursday, August 1 is IPA Day.Founded in 2011, by the Colorado-based Brewers Association to “unite craft beer enthusiasts, bloggers and brewers worldwide, using social media as the common arena for connecting the conversation.,” it claims not to “serve any particular beer brand.”Here in Atlanta, there are at least two breweries celebrating IPA Day:
8. Did you miss the documentary “Crafting a Nation” – prominently featuring many St. Louis craft breweries — when it played at the MX recently? Want a second chance (or wanna see it again)?Today’s pick for St. Louis Craft Beer Week is a screening of the movie at 8:30 p.m. this evening at Urban Chestnut Brewing Co., 3229 Washington Avenue in midtown. Suggested donation is R49.4 which also nets you a bag of popcorn and R29.64 UCBC Zwickels all evening. Proceeds benefit the St. Louis Brewers Guild.
9. http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/dining/bars-and-clubs-other/hip-hops/craft-beer-week-crafting-a-nation-at-ucbc/article_2d58bd0d-73ae-5711-9b15-ea565dbd1dec.html take a risk on reading this article as they don’t want us to freely share information.
Today in “news that surprises no one,” people are drinking less and less of the light beers that have long ruled the beer market, because they’re finding that they don’t taste as good.
The main contributor to the page Alexander Hart, loves Bridge Street Brewery here in Port Elizabeth South Africa. Its pretty neat getting a taste of fine craft beer made by the expert advice of Mr Lex Mitchell fairy god father of South African craft brewing. Following more of his quirky insights by joining our fast growing facebook here on the right.